On to more serious business - to shed some light on my title choice:
I truly am unexplainable. You may think that I will now begin some entirely conceited description of just how amazing I am and how even though I will attempt to convey how awesome I am, words simply cannot describe just how mind-blowingly incredible a person Kayla McKay really is. But we all know that everyone would die of laughter before finishing my first blog and that would just be too incredibly pathetic so I will not try to kill you with my wonderful sense of humor just yet. I am unexplainable simply because no one has yet created a word that conveys just how weird and strange I am. Someone much more creative than myself should really work on that...
This leads to the second part of my title:
Dictionary.com defines an oddity as 1. an odd or remarkably unusual person, thing, or event 2. the quality of being odd; singularity, strangeness, or eccentricity 3. an odd characteristic or trait; peculiarity. I feel this is a perfectly fitting description of me so I guess I may have lied before, I guess there is a word that adequately defines me. Oh, dear, now I feel much less special.
Just in case you thought I was exaggerating just how strange I am I thought I would add in a glimpse of the me rarely seen outside of a few very close family members (who probably wish they saw it a lot less). On this particular day I decided to practice for the day that I will inevitably become that crazy cat lady down the street that all the neighborhood children fear.
Yes, I did put the cat on a leash and try to walk her (no Dacia, I do not abuse this adorable kitten, I promise). She certainly has a mind of her own though and I think she ended up walking me. That is until she saw a flower and freaked out - she is a huge wimp and is afraid of just about everything, including her own tail. I had to pick her up and carry her to the house as she tried to climb onto my head.
Oh, and, yes, I am wearing three slips. (Crazy cat ladies always have an eccentric wardrobe, do they not?) And although my father called me a shameless hussy for wandering about in my underwear I thought this was a HUGE improvement over the last time. I mean, I've got pants on. (I realized quickly the first time I attempted this stunt that although a slip is theoretically supposed help to keep you covered even three slips are incredibly see-through. - - ok so this was a complete lie, but is does make my life sound much more interesting).
As this is becoming a very long post I will say just one more thing. Although I have joined the herd in this blogging endeavor I refuse to give up my odd and unexplainable ways. If I must be a sheep than I will continue to be the black one...
BBAAAA!
5 comments:
hee hee. you're a funny girl and i like you lots!! And I'm glad you're blogging!
Yo;u crack me up. That was hil-arious!! Keep it up you!
Kayla, if your blogging is anything like this post, I look forward to it! You are so funny, girl! I anxiously await the next post. And just so you know... it's OK to be odd if you're as pretty as you are. It's not just anyone that can still look pretty when dressed in 3 slips as the crazy cat lady.
Kayla- that was hilarious! I am so excited that you have a blog and some means for me to come stalk you! ;) And now I just have one more funny blog I can read that will make me laugh! You truly are an "oddity" then and such a clever writer too. ;) I LOVE the cat on a leash and the three slips- too funny! I can't believe how big the kitty is! Crazy- Streaker was just a kitten when I gave him/her (I am a horrible person, I can't even remember if it's a boy or a girl..BAD daysh!) to you! Thanks for walking him/her!
i just love you to death. and i too am SUPER happy you're blogging. i spend far too much time on the internet and now i have an extremely entertaining blog to read!!
Post a Comment