I could be really nice at this point and do what you all have asked for and just move on to the good parts but since I was rather pathetic this past year when it came to writing in my journal I’m afraid I’m going to continue to bore my extremely small number of readers. I apologize but I am going to continue to write every minute boring detail and I fully understand if you no longer want to read. However, if you have exhausted entire list of ways to bore yourself out of your mind and you are looking for that one last thing to tip you over the edge, then by all means continue reading.
When we left off last time Kayla was laying in bed ridiculously happy because she had finally been asked on a date (maybe) with a guy she was actually interested in dating. Although the ‘date’ was scheduled for Saturday thankfully Friday would not be free of Kevin. The two had already agreed to go with a group of friends to the Haunted Forest. It did take quite a bit of convincing on Kevin’s part to get Kayla to agree to this activity. Although completely willing to run lost through a haunted maze she had a bad experience with both a haunted house and a haunted forest and hadn’t been through one since. In the process of being convinced Kayla warned Kevin that he had better be prepared to have her jump on his back and to hear her scream like an extra in a horror movie because it was guaranteed to happen. He took a few minutes to consider after this warning and although he seemed much less excited about the whole thing he still said he would like her to come with him and his friends.
Once they got there Kevin revealed that they were going to get the combo ticket that would let them do both Psycho Manor and the Haunted Forest and although Kayla had only agreed to the Haunted Forest and was still insanely terrified of haunted houses now that she was there with no way to get home so for now she was stuck. But truly it was Kevin that didn’t realize what he was getting himself into. She may seem shy and quiet but those who know her mother know that Kayla has a terrific potential in those lungs of hers, and when given the proper motivation she is perfectly capable of reaching that potential.
Blah blah blah… she screamed, she banged his head into two poles and a tree, she almost tossed him in a pond but she didn’t make him bleed so he can’t complain too much plus she let him wrap his arm around her waist and put his hand over hers so he should be counting his lucky stars. No really, she screamed, he laughed, they had a great time. But he still hadn’t told her anything about the four wheeling that was supposed to happen the next day so she really had no idea if it was really going to happen. Finally, about two in the morning after a group breakfast at IHOP he said “Oh, right, I haven’t told you anything about four wheeling have I?” Oh yes, he is quite the charmer!
Finally, it was official! He was going to take her four wheeling! She was so excited but also a little worried. Someone being kind would say that she is a bit timid when it comes to adventurous things such as a four wheelers or jet skis, anyone in the Johnson family would just say she is a complete chicken, which is completely true. But for the first time in her life she was more excited than worried. And even more strange and exciting - - instead of being scared or repulsed at the idea of putting her arms around him she was somewhere between indifferent and excited which is actually saying quite a lot considering when she went to prom she did everything she could to avoid dancing with her date. (Yes she is a terrible person). This was going to be SOOO fun!
This was your teaser. Yes! I am finally getting to the good stuff. The next entry will, in fact be our first date. I know it’s a disappointment that this entry isn’t crazy long and that I didn’t just continue with my trend and bore you with a ton of information that you don’t really care about. Don’t hate me too much! Tune in eventually for the first date. :)
4 comments:
Hi Rodent - you did update your blog - it was so cute:) I LOVE reading it - Love You XOXOXOXOX
Yay for the rodent! I love reading your ramblings. You are just too cute for words. I can't wait to read all about your first date!
I love these posts! I didnt' realize you were chicken... didn't you do something crazy in Europe and do the Tarzan swing. That, my dear, is not timid... I am timid. I don't even do those things in the first place. Looking forward to the next update...
hey! My word verification says "a mouse"... except without the space. Kinda funny, considering this is the "rodent's ramblings..."
i love reading your blogs kayla! you are a hoot and i adore you.
also, i loved talking with you and your fiancee for a bit at the reunion! even though i was only up at your guys' lodge for maybe an hour, it was really fun to talk to you and to get to know Kevin a little bit better. you guys are too perfect for each other!!
hope you post again soon!! i'm excited for the rest of the story!
Post a Comment