Sunday, February 21, 2010
Profound Musings from the Mind of Kevin Conrad
From the very first time I met Kevin I knew he was a very smart boy. But as we dated a bit longer I learned just how intelligent he was when he finally let it slip that he was at school with a full ride scholarship. Each and every day since I am simply astounded by his incredible wisdom and after his awesome insight into the human condition last night I thought it was only fair that I share some of his Kevinisms with the rest of the world. To all those husbands out there looking for the ideal way to make their wife stop dead in her tracks, learn from this: Last night Kevin and I are joking around, teasing one another, generally having a good time as we get ready for bed. Just as we head to brush our teeth (Kevin had just been teasing me about my lack of personal hygiene and I was teasing him back with something equally as clever I'm sure) Kevin blurts out "I wish you were in a better mood more often." He then proceeded to explain that I'm much more fun when I'm in a better mood because he can play with me without getting in trouble. Luckily for him I suppose, I WAS in a 'better mood' last night and I found his comment extremely amusing.(Had I not been in a happy mood I probably would have transformed into my rabid alter ego and stalked off to bed in a huff.) As it is, I love his comment last night and it still has me laughing. :) I think my second favorite Kevinism came on a day when I wasn't in such a great mood. I know most people will find this hard to believe but I can be an extremely pig headed and argumentative person when in the right mood. And that was one of those days - poor Kevin couldn't move without getting in trouble. Well, about 9:00 that night (after terrorizing the poor boy since 6:30 that morning) I realized what a jerk I was being and I realized really needed to say I was sorry. Because I'm lucky and for some reason he still loved me he forgave me. Then he proceeded to help me figure out why I can be such a butt some days and why this then results in him turning on me. Kevin's incredible break through: We are BOTH butts! Not just any butts though - in his exact words "we are two cheeks of the same butt!" Now, to translate for those of you who don't speak Kevin: he was saying that when one of us gets in a bad mood it will almost certainly put the other one in a bad mood and then we will continue to feed off each other because when we get into a bad mood we are essentially the same annoyed person. Luckily, neither of us really likes being mad at one another either and we both feel the need to say sorry quickly - it also helps that we understand how the other one feels because at the very base of it, we feel exactly the same way. See how profound my husband is? Now if only we could convince him to have better timing and possibly better word choice... :) Oh, well, at least I can comprehend the Kevinisms most of the time... maybe after a bit more than six months I'll understand all of the Kevinisms and be in a better mood all of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so glad you found someone who will put up with you! Honestly I was a bit worried that Kevin didn't know the "real Kayla" yet when he married you, so I'm glad to see he has seen your alter ego on occasion and still likes you! And by the way you are BOTH two of the smartest most hard working people I know! I would call that two peas in a pod, but I suppose for the two of you, two cheeks of the same butt is somehow more appropriate. :)
Well, you two little butt-cheeks, that was kind of funny. But of course an inquiring mind immediately wants to know if these are two hairy buttcheeks or.... ups, maybe we won't go there.
I am glad you are getting along so nicely and are figuring out, in your own special way, how to become one.
That was deep! These kevinisms are deep. You two are so funny and couldn't be more perfect for each other if you tried. So fun! But I must say, I'm glad you are cheeks from the same butt- that is a relief. (I was worried for awhile...) ;)
you are so funny kayla. i wish you posted more often. that i would get more frequent entertainment. :) you are hilarious and you and kevin really are so totally perfect for eachother. here here for marriages everywhere in which we are of one butt. :)
love reading about the two of you and your fun relationship. :)
Two cheeks of the same butt... I am still giggling over this. I agree, you do need to post more often. You amuse me beyond belief. You both are so cute and so great together. I'm glad you are having fun getting to know each other even better and figuring out how to be in a better mood more often!
HaHa! Love it! Good luck with him Kayla!
Post a Comment