Marriage has been very enlightening for both myself and Kevin and I think we've learned some great lessons about each other and life in the past couple of months. Oh, you read right, we are extremely enlightened individuals now. (Oh and for those of you who aren't aware, Kevin and I are in fact married. Kevin felt he needed to point out that according to our blog we haven't even gone on our first date yet.) We thought we'd share a few of the lessons we have learned:
Kayla's Lessons Learned:
1. Chocolate solves all problems! An entire pan of fudge all to yourself can work wonders.
2. As Buggy observed the night of the crash, the spin cycle does GREAT things for your hair.
3. Who needs to pay for heat when you have a blanket and someone to snuggle with?
4. Sometimes the best thing to cheer someone up is a little bit of the Christmas Spirit (who cares if it isn't even Halloween yet?)
5. Putting a cat in a costume can provide hours and hours of entertainment! They're just so flipping cute - even when they want to scratch your face off.
6. If you whine and complain enough someone else will plan your future for you. Thanks mom and Kira!
7. There's nothing like a special trip to PetCo just to pet little furballs when you're missing your own little kitten fluff.
8. White Fudge Oreos can make even the most gray of days can become bright
Kevin's Lesson's Learned
1. Always expect the unexpected - a mystery poo can sneak up on you at any time
(and just to clarify - this one is all Kevin, definitely not something he learned from me!)2. Sometimes a queen size bed just doesn't cut it.
3. Someone else's pillow is ALWAYS better.
(Just in case you couldn't tell - this is Kevin taking up the whole bed and using my pillow even though his is right there next to his head. Silly boy!)4. Where's the place to go to forget about all your problems and become a man? VEGAS!!!!
5. Why study when you can play retro video games on your computer and relive your younger days? [Ok I will study now... - Kev]
6. The most magical substance on earth is: (drum roll please...) JUICE!!!!
7. It's like heaven on earth to have such a cooperative and helpful wife! (A true story: Kevin- ok, how about you make dinner and I'll clean up a bit... Kayla - Ok! a little time passes, Kayla makes dinner and serves her husband like the wonderfully little wifey that she is. After dinner she is chillin' on the couch when Kevin kindly asks - Kayla, I'm not sure where everything goes, will you help me? No response, so he begins to ask again, after getting out the "Kayla, will yo-" Kayla decides to respond with the loudest, whiniest NO! followed by the exclamation: 'that wasn't part of the deal!' - also said in a very whiny voice. She did however, immediately stand up and begin to help her husband tidy up their lovely residence.)
Really though - all the not so great things in the past couple of months have really shown me how lucky I am to have Kevin. As cheesy as it may sound I really do think all the challenges have brought us closer together and to really appreciate all that we do have. We are so thankful for our families and for all the love they show us and we are so thankfull to have one another. All in all, life is pretty good for the two of us and we are incredibly blessed!
The most important lesson we've learned: One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri!
7 comments:
I LOVE white fudge oreos... Glad they help make things better for you. I love all your lessons learned too. You and Kevin are so cute together!
You are too funny. I'm glad you and Kevin are so happy together. You really do seem like a match made in heaven- perfect for eachother. I'm glad he makes you so happy and vice versa! And the best part about the first few months...they only get better!
I just barely caught up... I didn't realize you had posted so much lately! Seriously, I am so glad you guys were OK. You gave us such a scare that night. And I'm soo glad that you came out with your humor intact! That's my favorite thing about you guys... even that dreary depressing post about your car (such a downer, really ;), you still were able to joke. I'm so glad you guys came by to see us and think you guys are adorable. Oh, and I think the 1st year was by far the worst... it only gets better after that. So glad you two are OK!
Oh, and your car... seriously, so scary. I cannot even imagine and am so glad you guys are OK. But I already said that.
Very cute post, glad you are feeling happier. You learned some amazing lessons... and they will get you thru life for sure! One of my most important ones was the chocolate one as well, and "whining and puppydog eyes will get you almost anything"
i love your happy attitude. it is infectious. reading what you write makes me happy. :) you and kevin really are so so so perfect for eachother. i love reading about you two.
and i also think chocolate makes things better. esp. the white fudge oreo kind of chocolate. that's my favorite. until of course i eat the whole box in one day...then i'm not so happy anymore.
anyway. i hope there are many more fun lessons learned for you both. love you!
buggy
Kev has always been a bed hog. And of course your pillow is better than his own! He has his sneaky little ways... be careful or he'll get ya! You two are doing great and I can't wait to see you guys again!
Post a Comment